Here we are: Thanksgiving 2016! I’m counting my blessings today and hope you get a chance to as well. Here are 16 things I’m grateful for:
1. My family – their support and love and how wonderful it is to spend time with them.
2. My husband who knows me best and loves me so well.
3. This season of life.
4. Friends far and near.
5. Running and the meaningful outlet it is to me.
6. A reliable car that took us to Arkansas last night.
7. Our church home and brothers and sisters there.
8. Good health.
9. An apartment I feel safe in and for a short commute.
10. A warm bed and the ability to fall asleep fast.
11. A piping hot cup of coffee.
12. My job and all that I get to learn there.
13. The sunshine.
14. Laughter – especially that of my friends’ babies and our 2-year-olds class at church.
15. Rich experiences from childhood, college and Australia that have shaped me and the memories that still bring me joy.
16. God, who has made a way for me through Jesus Christ to experience life to the fullest here on earth and forevermore with Him.
What are you grateful for?
Here are some of my favorite quotes on gratitude to give you inspiration.
“Thanksgiving is a time of quiet reflection . . . An annual reminder that God has, again, been ever so faithful. The solid and simple things of life are brought into clear focus.” – Charles Swindoll
“Gratitude. More aware of what you have than what you don’t. Recognizing the treasure in the simple – a child’s hug, fertile soil, a golden sunset. Relishing the comfort of the common – a warm bed, a hot meal, a clean shirt.” – Max Lucado
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” – James 1.17
“Gratitude for the seemingly insignificant is a seed – this plants the giant miracle.” – Ann Voskamp
“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5.18