Dear friends and family, thank you for the kind birthday wishes today! I’m feeling incredibly blessed and grateful to be 28!
I am a list lover through and through. Whether it’s a grocery list, to-do list, book reading list or wish list, they all have their place in my life. I use them to remember, to strive, to improve. And one list I’m excited about as I officially move into my “upper 20s” and creep toward 30 is my very own 30 by 30 bucket list.
I started this list on January 1st and have been adding items since. I’ve been thinking lately about how easy it is to get used to doing or seeing certain things every week to the point where I no longer do or see them with wonder or delight or thanksgiving. What if instead of becoming “used to” the everyday things in life – the 9 to 5 job, the drive to church on Sunday mornings, warm showers, my mom’s texts, Alex’s whistling, cooking dinner with fresh ingredients, you name it – we open our eyes a little bit wider each morning and seek to live with open hands and more intention? That’s what I want for this year and every one I have left. My hope is that some of the items on this list help me do that.
In no particular order, here are 30 things I hope to do by the time I turn 30:
1. Participate in a marriage retreat
2. Do the Whole30 again
3. Go back to Mornington, Australia
4. PR in the mile
5. Get good at the side braid
6. Cook through Run Fast. Eat Slow.
7. Learn hand lettering
8. Run an exotic/special/themed 1/2 marathon
9. Leave online reviews for 10 of my most and least favorite places
10. Reread the Harry Potter books
11. Visit New England
12. Visit the Pacific Northwest
13. Build a gallery wall I love using photos & art
14. Interview my parents on their childhood memories
15. Start writing a book
16. Pay for the person behind me in a drive thru
17. Make a T-shirt quilt
18. Host a dinner party
19. Attend a Happy Hour Live
20. Cook through Date Night In with Alex
21. Study Russian again
22. Throw Alex an awesome birthday party
23. Go on a hike in Northwest Arkansas
24. Visit OBU
25. See Cami Jones
26. Mail a friend a package of favorite goodies just because
27. Join a book club
28. Pitch a children’s book
29. Memorize Matthew 5-7
30. Research my genealogy
Now on to being 28!
What’s on your bucket list?? I’d love to hear.